MINDFUL PSYCHIATRY FOR HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS
“All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything.
What we think we become.” – Buddha
Awaken the mind-body connection to change your eating behavior and maintain a healthy weight with the Mindful Body program. Research has shown that in individuals who are overweight, there is a disconnection between the stomach’s signals of feeling hungry or full and the brain properly receiving these cues. Over-dieting and emotional eating can make us less aware of what our body actually needs to nourish itself.
Mindful Body is a 6-week enhanced Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) training program that incorporates long-term goal setting, nutrition and exercise plans, self-monitoring skills and increased self-awareness in eating in order to nurture a healthy relationship with food. You will learn to incorporate techniques from mindfulness meditation and psychotherapy into your daily meals and movement routines. Retrain your mind and restore your physical health with the Mindful Body program.
MINDFUL BODY will give you the tools to:
- Prioritize your mental, emotional and physical health
- Nurture a healthy relationship with food
- Find your inner motivation and strengthen your commitment
- Recognize and manage perceived barriers
- Deal effectively with hunger, cravings and feelings of deprivation
- Eliminate emotional eating
- Recover quickly from sabotaging behaviors
- Practice nonjudgmental awareness in eating
- Identify the missing links in prior failed attempts at weight loss
- Integrate nutritional protocols that fit your lifestyle and palate, such as: Gluten-Free, Paleo, Intermittent Fasting, Macronutrient Manipulation, Body Recomposition, Ketogenic and Flexible Dieting
Initial Consultation: 45 min
- Psychiatric and medical evaluation to identify underlying physical and/or emotional factors that are contributing to weight gain
- Select your Mindful Body program: individual, group or a combination of both
Group Sessions: 1 hour
- Intimate small group setting with supportive atmosphere
- New CBT skills presented each week
- Lower cost per session
Private Sessions: 45 min
- Includes an optimized nutrition plan, weight loss supplement package and exercise program
- Optional laboratory work to diagnose hormonal imbalances or nutritional deficiencies
- Includes evaluation for psychopharmacology
- Customized CBT program and individualized progression
Please call for rates and to schedule an initial consultation.
May be reimbursable by health insurance with out-of-network benefits.